Parents & Friends Association
The PFA is an important part of St Robert’s school community.
Over the years the efforts of the Association have advantaged every child in the school. New parents, in fact all parents, are urged to be active in the PFA and the functions organised by it at all times.
The PFA is a group of school parents who make up the committee, including the Executive Committee, General Members, Class Parents and a Teacher Rep alongside our school Principal Mr Mark Soldani. Parents meet on the last Tuesday of every month at 7.30pm in the school staffroom to discuss ways of improving our children’s wellbeing and education at St Robert’s, as well as help organise social events and fundraising activities. Our meetings are welcoming and interactive and we aim to provide a forum where members may discuss matters of interest to foster the school community. The 2018 St Robert’s Community Business Directory and Entertainment Book are two of the fundraising initiatives for this year.
A vital form of communication is through the parent meetings which are held on a monthly basis or as otherwise required. The minutes of the meetings are displayed on the school notice board and details of upcoming events and other relative news are included in the weekly newsletter.
What are the Aims and Functions of the PFA?
1. To promote and support the Catholic Education of children in the school.
2. To assist the Principal in improving the school and its grounds, maintaining the school library and equipping the school rooms.
3. To raise funds for school resources, amenities and general improvements.
4. To provide a forum where members may discuss matters of interest to foster the school community.
5. To provide a social focus for parents and others interested in the school.
6. To report and to liaise with the School Advisory Board.
Read our newsy Newsletter!